Last updated: October 16, 2023
Please note that our privacy practices are subject to the applicable laws of the regions in which we operate. Accordingly, some additional region-specific terms will only apply to individuals in those locations, or as required by applicable laws.
- Personal Information We Collect from You
- How We Collect Your Personal Information
- How We Use Your Personal Information
- How We Disclose or Share Your Personal Information
- Links to Other Sites and Social Media Services
- How We Protect Your Personal Information
- Your Choices
- Cross-Border Data Transfers
- Children’s Privacy
- Changes to This Policy
- Contacting Us
- California Privacy Rights
- Access or use our Website;
- Participate in any of our programs or events, including contests or surveys; or
- Communicate with us over email or otherwise via the Website.
We may provide different or additional privacy notices in connection with certain activities, programs, and offerings. Additionally, we may provide additional “just-in-time” notices or notices at collection that may supplement or clarify our privacy practices or provide you with additional choices regarding your personal information.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We use the term “personal information” – also called “personal data” or “personally identifiable information” in the laws of some jurisdictions – to refer to information that reasonably identifies, relates to, describes, or can be associated with you. Data that has been deidentified or that otherwise cannot reasonably be related back to a specific person is not considered personal information. The precise definition of personal information may vary depending on your place of residence, but we take the same general approach to protecting your privacy, subject to any additional measures that may be required by applicable laws.
The following are the categories and types of personal information that we may collect from or about you, depending on how you interact with the Website:
- Identifiers, such as your name and email address;
- Contact information, such as your phone number and postal address;
- Professional information, such as your resume and job history.
- Device and online identifiers and related information, including internet protocol (IP) address, mobile ad identifiers, data collected from cookies, beacons, and pixel tags, and similar unique identifiers;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with an internet website, application, mobile app, or advertisement;
- Any other personal information that you voluntarily provide us.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal Information You Provide
We collect personal information that you provide to us directly. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Information you provide when you contact us via email or through other Internet-enabled communications;
- Your responses to surveys that you choose to complete for us;
- Information you provide when you enter a contest or other promotion sponsored by us;
- Any other information that you provide us on or through the Website.
Personal Information We Collect Automatically
When you visit our Website, we or third parties we work with may automatically collect certain information using technologies such as cookies and other tracking technologies described below.
- Cookies and Similar Technology
- Clickstream Data
As you use the Internet, a trail of electronic information is left at each website you visit. This information, which is sometimes referred to as "clickstream data," can be collected and stored by a website's server. Clickstream data can tell us the type of computer and browsing software you use and the address of the website from which you linked to the Website. We may collect and use clickstream data as a form of aggregate information to anonymously determine how much time visitors spend on each page of our Website, how visitors navigate throughout the Website, and how we may tailor our web pages to better meet the needs of visitors. This information will be used to improve our Website.
- Social Media Platforms and Networks
If you interact with us on social media or use features, such as plugins, widgets, or other tools made available by social media platforms or networks (such as Instagram) in connection with our Website, we may collect information that you share with us on social media or that such platforms share with us. Please review the privacy policies and settings of the social media platforms and networks that you use for more information about their privacy practices.
- From Other Sources
We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as data analytics providers, marketing or advertising vendors, fraud prevention vendors, vendors that provide other services on our behalf, or publicly available sources.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect and use personal information for the following purposes:
- To communicate with you, which may include: contacting you about and providing you and our clients with our services; responding to your direct inquiries, requests, issues or feedback, and providing customer service; and adding you to our mailing lists and sending you emails from time to time;
- To provide our products and services, which may include: operating the Website, and providing you with any specific services that you have requested; and delivering content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests;
- For marketing and promotional purposes, which may include: marketing our goods and services or goods and services of those of our affiliates, business partners, and other third parties; and administering sweepstakes, contests, and other similar promotions;
- For analytics and personalization, which may include: identifying trends and making inferences about you and your interactions with us or our affiliates; conducting research and analytics to improve our services and product offerings or those of our affiliates; understanding how you interact with our Website, and communications with you to determine which of our products or services are the most popular, and to improve Website and marketing campaigns; and better understanding our customers’ needs;
- For security and fraud prevention, which may include: helping maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, databases and other technology assets, and business; internal research; technological development and demonstration; improving, upgrading, or enhancing our Website; detecting security incidents; protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; and prosecuting those responsible for that activity; and investigating suspected fraud, harassment, or other violations of any law, rule, or regulation, or the policies for our Website;
- To comply with legal obligations, which may include: compliance with legal or regulatory obligations, establishing or exercising our rights, and to defending against a legal claim; responding to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, legal process, or governmental regulation; and acting in connection with a bankruptcy proceeding or the sale, merger, or change of control of our company or the division responsible for the services with which your information is associated;
- To support core business functions, which may include: maintaining records related to business process management, loss and fraud prevention, and to collect amounts owing to us; and providing and maintaining the functionality of our Website, including identifying and repairing errors or problems;
- For any additional purposes that you specifically consent to.
We reserve the right to supplement your personal information with information we gather from other sources which may include online and offline sources. We may collect information that is not personal information (“non-personal information”), including anonymous or aggregate data, or information lawfully made available from federal, state, or local government records. Because non-personal information does not personally identify you, we may collect, use, and disclose such information for any purpose permitted by law. In some instances, we may combine non-personal Information with personal information. If we combine any non-personal information with personal information, the combined information will be treated by us as personal information to the extent that it is capable of personally identifying you.
HOW WE DISCLOSE OR SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- Service Providers
We may share your personal information with third-party service providers who may use your information to provide us with services including, but not limited to: website hosting, data analysis, infrastructure provision, information technology services, customer service, email delivery services, payment processing, auditing, and anti-fraud monitoring. These service providers may have access to personal information that is necessary to perform their functions, but they are only permitted to do so in connection with performing services for us. They are not authorized by us to use the information for their own benefit.
- Corporate Affiliates
We may share personal information with our corporate affiliates and subsidiaries, who process personal information on our behalf, where necessary to provide a product or service that you have requested, or in other circumstances with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
- Legal Compliance and to Defend Our Rights
We may disclose personal information and other information as we believe necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our Terms of Service; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- Business Transfers
We may share your personal information and other information with third parties in connection with a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which the assets transferred may include information about the users of our Website.
- Non-Personal Information
We may share non-personal information with unaffiliated third parties, such as business partners, manufacturers, distributors, and retailers, to improve and enhance your experience using the Website, and for our own market research activities. We publicly commit to maintain and use the information in de-identified or aggregate form, and not to attempt to re-identify the information.
Please note that if you specifically consent to additional uses of your personal information, we may use your personal information in a manner consistent with that consent.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA SERVICES
The Website may also integrate with social media services. We do not control such services and are not liable for the manner in which they operate. While we may provide you with the ability to use such services in connection with our Website, we are doing so merely as an accommodation and, like you, are relying upon those third-party services to operate properly and fairly.
You should be aware that any personal information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible blog, forum, social network, or otherwise may be viewed and used by others. By using such features, you assume the risk that the personal information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Opting Out of Messages or Services
We may send you marketing messages via email. If you receive a marketing message from us, you may unsubscribe from future messages in accordance with our standard unsubscribe process (such as by using the unsubscribe link included in an email), or by sending an unsubscribe request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt. Please note that if you opt out in this manner, certain aspects of our services may no longer be available to you.
- Cookies and Tracking Technologies
If you would like to stop or restrict the placement of cookies or flush any cookies that may already be on your computer or device, please refer to and adjust your web browser preferences. Further information on cookies is available at www.allaboutcookies.org. By deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our Website or some of its functionality may be affected.
Note that cookie-based opt-outs must be performed on each device and browser that you wish to have opted out. For example, if you have opted out on your device browser, that opt-out will not be effective on your mobile device. Additionally, if you opt out on one of your devices, that opt out may not be effective on all of your devices. However, please be advised that cookie-based opt-outs are not effective on some mobile services.
Some browsers have a Do Not Track (“DNT”) feature that lets users signal to websites that they do not want to have their online activities tracked. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
CROSS-BORDER DATA TRANSFERS
If you submit personal information to us, that information may be processed in a jurisdiction where privacy laws may be less stringent than those in your country of residence. By submitting your personal information to us, you agree to the transfer, storage, and processing of such information in foreign jurisdictions including, but not limited to, the United States. Please note that personal information transferred to the United States is subject to access by law enforcement. Where applicable, we may use model clauses approved by the laws of your jurisdiction (such as Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission) for cross-border data transfers.
Our Website are intended for users ages 18 and over, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16. When we become aware that personal information (or other information that is protected under applicable law) from a child under 16 has been collected, we will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information from our databases. If you believe we might have any personal information from or about a child under 16, please contact us by using the information the section below titled Contacting Us.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
If you have any questions about our privacy or security practices, you can contact at email@example.com, or via the following:
6600 Chase Oaks Blvd
Plano, TX 75023
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020, provides you with specific rights regarding your personal information. This section describes the rights that California consumers have and explains how to exercise those rights. For the purposes of this section, personal information does not include: (i) information that is lawfully made available from federal, state, or local government records; (ii) de-identified or aggregated data; or (iii) information excluded from the scope of the CCPA. To be clear, these rights are granted only to the extent that you are a California consumer and we are acting as a “business” under the CCPA with respect to your personal information. The rights in this section are not intended to grant you additional rights, but only your rights under the CCPA.
Information We Collect; How We Collect It; How We Use It
For more information on how your information is disclosed, please see the How We Disclose or Share Your Personal Information section above, which provides more detail on the service providers and affiliates who receive your personal information or collect it on our behalf. We do not sell your personal information or share it with third parties for cross-context behavioral advertising.
Rights to Your Information
- Right to Know
As a California consumer, you have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Your Rights, below), and subject to certain limitations that we describe below, we will disclose such information. You have the right to request any or all of the following:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we disclose personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (see Data Portability Rights below).
- Right to Delete
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Your Rights, below), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies. However, we may retain personal information that has been de-identified or aggregated. Furthermore, we may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) in order to perform certain actions set forth under the CCPA, such as detecting security incidents and protecting against fraudulent or illegal activity.
- Right to Data Portability
You have the right to request a copy of personal information we have collected and maintained about you. The CCPA allows you to request your information from us up to twice during a 12-month period. We will provide our response in a readily usable (and usually electronic) format.
- Right to Correct
You have the right to request the correction of any personal information we maintain about you.
- Right to Opt Out of Selling or Sharing Your Personal Information
- Right to Limit the Use of Your Sensitive Personal Information
- Right to Non-Discrimination
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights, including but not limited to, by:
- Denying you goods or services.
- Charging you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Providing you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggesting that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Exercising Your Rights
To exercise the rights described above, please contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After submitting a request, we will take steps to verify your identity in order for us to properly respond and confirm that it is not a fraudulent request. In order to verify your identity, we will ask, at a minimum, that you provide your name and email address so that we can seek to match this information with the information existing in our systems. When providing us this information, you represent and affirm that all information provided is true and accurate. If we are unable to verify that the consumer submitting the request is the same individual about whom we have collected personal information, we may contact you for more information, or we may not be able to meet your request.
Only you, or an agent legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable request related to your personal information. If you are making a request as the authorized agent of a California consumer, we will ask you also submit reliable proof that you have been authorized in writing by the consumer to act on such consumer’s behalf.
We will make every effort to respond to your request within 45 days from when you contacted us. If you have a complex request, the CCPA allows us up to 90 days to respond. We will still contact you within 45 days from when you contacted us to let you know we need more time to respond.